https://www.holmwood.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/iStock-950633928-72dpi.jpg 1091 1560 Friend https://www.holmwood.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/logo-300x43.png Friend2020-06-10 11:48:332020-06-10 14:53:36Thinking of selling in Winter?
To some, Winter can be a daunting time to sell. It is not a predictable season and sellers often wonder if buyers will be put off in the colder months. However, when it comes to selling your home in Winter, there are just a few easy and effective ways you can make your home bright, cozy and enticing. If you’ve been thinking of selling in Winter, here are some helpful pointers:
- Make a clear path up to your home. Rake up leaves and any debris, have a mat by the front door and somewhere people can put shoes and umbrellas etc.
- Open curtains and blinds and make sure all light-bulbs are working. A feature lamp can add dimension (and light!) to any dimly lit areas.
- Clean, clean, clean! Especially windows and mirrors. The idea here is to maximise daylight hours and emphasise any natural light coming into your home.
- Make sure your home is a desirable temperature for open homes (your agent can help you with this!) and that heating is turned on a couple of hours before the open home begins. If there is a fireplace, light it! Fireplaces always give off an enticing warmth.
- Create a comfortable ambient mood. Plump up cushions on the couch and on beds, add throws over a chair, dress your dining table and clear the clutter off the coffee table! A few things here is fine, think a candle and some reading material. Add some indoor plants for variation in a room.
- Even the bathroom can be elevated by a gentle scent (nothing too dramatic as some people may be allergic), towels rolled up in baskets and a lovely soap.
- Soothing background music can also create a welcoming sense of belonging for viewers.
So if you’re thinking of selling this Winter, your Holmwood agent is the best person to talk to about ways you can enhance your home for viewings. Get in touch for a non-obligation marketing proposal and some tips on styling your home!